Saturday, August 8, 2009

How are your eyes???

Hello friends,

Today the verse "He who has a generous eye will be blessed, For he gives of his bread to the poor" Prov 22:9 is what God laid on my heart. We live in a world where everyone looks out for number one. How much can I do for myself, what will make me happier, what can I attain to gain stature and on and on. This in and of itself often times leads to misery and complete self absorption. In the proverb it says a generous eye will be blessed. What does the eye do? It sees of course. What does your eye see today? We must first look and be aware of what is around us. Who will you be looking for today and who will you see today who needs a helping hand? What will you do about it? One thing I have learned is that you can't out give God. So do an eye check today, see how your eyes are? Are your eyes good 20/20 or do you need some corrective lenses? God bless you today and know that God loves you more than you'll ever know.

Hugs and blessings,

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Mel!! I needed to hear this today. I've been feeling just bogged down lately with work. It's soo hard to be a light right now at work or anywhere for that matter. I feel like my life (Jesus) is being sucked out of me. I'm around such negative people all day, that I feel like I'm becoming that. Keep me in prayer sister. God Bless you and thank you for your posts they are encouraging!!