Sunday, March 16, 2008

Day 6 of the Master Cleanse

Well, hello there. I've been wanting to post but just couldn't quite get to the computer. I did however journal my experience thus far. It's day 6 and I can hardly believe it. Day 10 is drawing closer and it can't come soon enough.

As I said in my first post, the evening of
day 1 was pretty rough.
Day 2,
Wed was great once I recovered from my salt water cocktail!!! I did however have pretty sensitive teeth, perhaps from all the acid from the lemons but drinking through a straw resolved that issue.
Day 3, Thurs was amazing, I felt full of energy which was very encouraging. It took me 10 minutes to drink the salt water and was releasing the toxins within 15 min. I continued to release these toxins for a solid hour. I realized that getting up from my throne was pointless. So instead I remain until I know it's safe to get up. It looks as if the major portion of the flush is done in an hour but within the 2-3 hours that follow there are about 2 more trips for me. *** If you are going to do this cleanse than I recommend you leave a 3-4 hour window of time to be home just to be safe.

Getting to sleep was a little difficult though because my mind was jumping. I wonder if it's from all the sugar in the maple syrup? I'm not a caffeine drinker so I think the syrup made me feel jumpy. Once I did fall asleep I slept hard. Usually I get up a lot and have interrupted sleep but not on this cleanse. I just need to work on getting to bed earlier and getting more hours in because this cleanse is pretty exhausting on your body.
GET PLENTY OF SLEEP ON THIS CLEANSE!!!!!!!! You'll feel better.

The Salt Water Cocktail
32 oz warm distilled/spring water + 2 teaspoons sea salt (YUM aren't you just salivating for one of these?)

So I drink this first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, the first time I did it it took me 40 mins. Now I'm down to 8 mins. It's still just as gross but the quicker you get it down the faster you will get those toxins out of your body.

Day 4 Fri Ok, so Fri was not so good. I had a faithbook workshop scheduled at 10 am and I hadn't gotten to bed until, 3 am. I was up at 8am and I didn't do the salt water because I didn't want to be stuck in the bathroom. This upset my system quite a bit. I decided to drink the salt water after the workshop so I had to keep an empty stomach. By 2 pm I felt pretty weak and shaky and altogether not so good. After I drank my salt water I was pretty much flushed out within 2 hours but then I had the chills the rest of the night and felt very naseaus. Even though I drank 7 lemonades, I felt dehydrated. I got to sleep by midnight and slept like a rock until 10:30 am. My body definitely needed the sleep.

Day 5 Sat HALF WAY THERE!!!!!! WHOO HOOO YIPEE EYE AYE!!!!!! Not too excited, lol! Anyway I drank my salt water in 8 mins, although I must admit I almost tossed my cookies on the last gulp. I was talking to myself by that point and it worked! I kept it down and proceeded to lie on my side for 15 mins. My friend told me that you should lay on your side after drinking it. Well I got my bible study done during my time on the throne and then visited the cleansing room( that's what I call it now) 2 more times. I wasn't ready to leave the house until about 5 pm because my tummy just wasn't feeling so great. I noticed that I had quite a bit of mucous in my throat and was hoarse. The cayenne pepper that is in this cleanse is supposed to help break up the mucous in your body.
*** I can't take the heat from regular cayenne so I take the COOL CAYENNE capsules. They won't bother your stomach.

AM I HUNGRY?????????????
Honestly, yes! But as soon as I drink my lemonade I'm fine. You just can't let too much time elapse between your drinks. Then you'll get messed up. Everything smells so good and I can almost taste everything I smell.

Day 6 Sat Well, I can hardly believe it's day 6, I want it to be day 10 but I'll get there soon enough. It was a little rough this morning. I got up much earlier than normal and unfortunately went to bed late as usual. Because I had to sing at church I could not do the salt water flush. This made me feel very uneasy, foggy headed, shaky and overall uncomfortable. Other than that I am doing well right now. It's 3 pm and all I really need is a lemonade and probably a couple hours of sleep. Whenever I don't get enough sleep I seem to have a harder time with my symptoms. However, I must admit I am a little excited that I was able to wear one of the outfits my hubby bought me for Christmas. I couldn't button the pants but today they were nice and loose around my waist. I have been measuring myself as I am so curious to see what will happen as a result of a liquid diet. So far I have lost 2 inches off my waist and 1 inch off my hips and 4 lbs off my weight. It will be interesting to see where I will be at by day 10 and then how much of that will be water weight. I'll keep you posted.

So, I am encouraged to run the race with perseverance and cross the finish line. I keep praying " Lord we can do this, keep me strong, carry me when I get weak." He's been good, my best friend by my side. I feel His hand upon me, gently nudging me forward and it's a beautiful vision.

How are you today? Any challenges or praise reports? Let us know. Place your post here and let us build one another up, encouraging and exhorting the name of Jesus. Thanks for being a part of my journey so far. I would love to be a part of yours too! Until tomorrow, God Bless!!!!