Monday, May 12, 2008

Limited Resources???

Well, hello! I hope you all had a wonderfully blessed Mother's Day. Thank you to all of you who stopped by to wish me a blessed day! It truly was a wonderful day, filled with love and gratitude. However, today I received a very precious and tender gift. For those of you who follow my blog, I recently posted a prayer request for my step son Dusty. He has been struggling for some time and he found himself in jail. He's been in there for 7 weeks. While in jail he has sought to find peace in the Lord and has been in a very vulnerable place. For many years he's been rebelling against the Lord and has tried to do things his way and now has found out that the enemy is just a big liar and deceiver and wants nothing good for his life. There is nothing other than God that can fill the God shaped void in all of us and sometimes it takes a little longer for some to figure this out.

I have been writing him every day and sending him whatever the Lord has instructed me to write. He lives in TN and has had little to no contact with us for years. However, as the word says, the Lord can restore the years the locusts have eaten... You don't have to stay where you're at or live in the past. It's simply a decision we must make, we either follow Him or follow the ways of man. Well, I believe that God has allowed Dusty to be where he's at to get his undivided attention and to save him.

In jail he has only access to a pencil and paper. He wanted to send me a Mother's Day Card and doggonit he did!!!! Let me show you what you can do with limited resources. No eyelets, no hole punch, no decorative ribbon, no cardstock, no stamps, no adhesive???????? No problem. Here's a solution
He folded the paper to make it a trifold and tied it shut to make a tall card, so no need for adhesive (not sure where the string came from but I thought it was so clever). Remember he has no scissors and had to fit his card in a long envelope. He used his pencil as his paper piercer and the lead left a nice black looking eyelet hole. And how about those stamps?????????? Great sentiment for the front and hallmark couldn't have said it better. The graphics inside just can't be beat.

So the next time you look around at your supplies and think you don't have enough, I hope you will count your blessings and think of this beautiful card sent to me from my step son from a lonely prison cell.

Trust me he had all the supplies he needed, and it couldn't have been any better for me!!!!!

Thank you Lord for the work you are doing in his life and I pray that you will use him one day for your glory!!!!

Thanks for your prayers and please pray for him, his hearing is on THURS and he will find out if he will get to go home or not. GOD'S WILL BE DONE!!!

8 comments:

Aimee said...

Thank you for my morning devotional today. A beautiful message. I have everything I need if I trust in the Lord. I hope you have a Beautiful Day!

Sonja said...

Melanie,
The beauty of this card is in its simplicity and its origin. It truly came from Dusty's heart. Dusty has opened his heart to the Lord right now. His challenge will be once he is released and he again is exposed to the elements that influenced him in the first place. Pray that he is given the strength and resolve to overcome those things. And never, NEVER, give up on him. Dusty will come around when both he and the Lord see fit.

Caroline said...

Melanie what a truly amazing card you received! To know the words inside come straight from Dusty's heart and to see his appreciation for all your support is fabulous, I'm sure it must have made your special day even more special :-)

Vicki Hook said...

OMG this brought tears to my eyes! Your appreciation of it is just as beautiful as the card. Awesome post! You're truly an inspiration! :D

Sandra said...

I will continue to pray for your family! You are very pretty and have a gorgeous family!
Sandra Tejeda
CTMH sister

Deanna said...

Keep praying for him even after he goes home. The enemy will attack as soon as he walks out. What a beautiful card though. His heart is in the right place right now, praise God. And if his hearing doesn't go well, the Lord must want him in a quiet place for just a little longer.

Anonymous said...

What a treasure and huge blessing. We will continue to pray he follows after the ways of the Lord and for the Lord's will this Wed. :)

Unknown said...

"For I know the plans I have for you, " declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

God is in control and he is soo good!!!

In His hands,
Adrienne